All Top Personal Journal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Monday 15 August 2011

After all... tomorrow is another day.


Good morning,

I've purposely left my blog quiet the last few days, as the riots in London have been at the forefront of every one's mind and some review of the latest indie offering from the next great white hope chin-less wonders seems a little pointless and half arsed.

Fear not good people, thanks to my MTV generation attention span a lot of us although still angry at recent attacks and looting are taking the high road and facing the world straight ahead once again.

I have many upcoming posts to be added in the next few weeks, I will be reviewing the new album from The Stepkids as well as heading to Reading on the bank holiday weekend for the Reading Festival 2011 as I've managed to wangle a lovely shiny press pass for the occasion which will definitely be the vital moment we all discover whether the pen is indeed mightier than my longing for the beer tent and can manage to comprehend the finer points of each bands set and the atmosphere.

Blue skies outside and a fresh OptiCLEAR lens wipe to clean my uber cool specs. Things are looking up.

Some tracks for you to spotify, youtube or even *gulp* purchase at your leisure.

1) The Wall - Yuck
2) (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame - Elvis Presley
3) The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala - Arctic Monkeys
4) Zig Zag Wanderer - Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
5) Save The Last Dance For Me - Ike & Tina Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment